Experts in the provision of dental crowns carefully crafted by master dental technicians. We also provide in house CEREC same day Emax dental crowns. Dental Crowns are restorations that ‘cap’ over a severely decayed, damaged, discoloured or significantly weakened teeth.
Placing a dental crown over a tooth where its structural integrity has been compromised can strengthen the tooth and protect it from further damage. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a dental crown can also be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment.
Current generation tooth coloured Emax or Zirconia crowns can look and feel like real teeth. Crowns extend the lifespan of heavily filled (restored) teeth.
The process for a Dental Crown
- During the first appointment, the tooth is numbed so the tooth can be prepared for the dental crown.
- Then a digital laser scan of that preparation is made.
- Once this is done, the laser scan is sent to an external dental lab to make the dental crown.
- In the meantime, the patient is given a temporary dental crown, which is worn for one to two weeks until the lab completes the fabrication of the original dental crown. This ensures you never leave our practice without a tooth that both looks good and is functional, albeit temporary in nature.
- During the second appointment, the actual dental crown is placed.
Classic Smiles has ground breaking CEREC technology whereby Emax single crowns and small dental bridges can be made for you on the same day. In most cases however, unless time is of the essence, the dental crowns are crafted in an off site dental laboratory. Classic Smiles also provides more traditional porcelain fused to metal and full gold dental crowns.